Now more than ever, health and safety need to be the principal focus. Covid-19 has brought new regulations that have been updated regularly. Are you looking for some quick recommendations for setting up a health and safety software? OSHA has ten steps, and CGA Technology will tell you how to apply them:
- Establish safety and health as a core value of your organisation. Convey to your workers that starting and finishing their day safely is the way you want to do business. Let them know you intend to work with them to find and fix any hazards that could result in injury or illness.
Simplified your compliance experience. Flex Manager has a Permit to Work module, which allows your workforce to know the tools are needed for each activity. PPE material, the hazards they are exposed and a digital acknowledgement.
- Lead by example. Model safe behaviours and make safety part of your daily conversations with workers.
It is necessary to create a safety culture within the company, one that has everyone involved. Our Toolbox Talks is an effective way to gather a group of people to deliver particular messages. This module allows you to upload supporting material from mobile or desktop.
- Create a reporting system. Develop and communicate a process for workers to report injuries, illnesses, near misses, hazards, or safety and health concerns without fear of retaliation. Include an option for anonymous reporting.
We can help you to set up reporting procedures 100% digitalised. A vast portfolio of modules such as incident reporting, injury manager and hazards identification will help your company to obtain automatic reports speeding up your operations.
- Train your workers. Teach workers how to identify and control workplace hazards.
Training programmes are vital to be compliant with health and safety regulations and as well for the development of your workers. The training module in Flex, offers custom made online courses adaptable to any requirement. Additional to this allows certifications.
- Conduct inspections. Walkthrough the workplace with staff and ask them to identify any activity, piece of equipment or materials that concern them. Use checklists to help identify problems.
Flex Manager enables you to have mobile equipment inspections. Flex Manager uses NFC Technology to tag all the equipment with the capability to check the status by scanning the tag.
- Collect hazard control ideas. Ask workers for ideas on how to make workplace improvements and then follow up on their suggestions. Give them time during business hours, if possible, to research solutions.
Hazards logs enable us to keep eyes wide open onside, instead of one person’s job. All the workforce can collaborate to identify hazards.
- Implement hazard controls. Assign workers the task of choosing, implementing and evaluating the solutions they suggest.
Auditing areas of your company becomes easy when you have access to the Flex Manager. Using the smartest mobile technology, you can carry out audits being offline. Attached supporting material such as videos, pictures and documents.
- Plan for emergencies. Identify possible emergency scenarios and develop instructions on how to react in each case. Discuss these procedures during employee meetings and post them in a visible location in the workplace.
In case of emergency, the evacuation module is critical. The emergency evacuation module speeds up emergency activity. Every employee can be tagged on mobile notifying that they are out of danger.
- Seek input on changes. Before you make big changes to the workplace, consult with workers to identify potential safety or health issues.
Our Task Manager module allows you to include corrective actions in case it is necessary to assign a new activity.
- Make improvements to your program. Set aside a regular time to discuss safety and health issues, to identify ways to improve the program.
Suggestions can be logged in Flex Manager. The panel of managers can discuss it and give feedback.
For more information or simple curiosity. Please contact email@example.com
www.safetyandhealthmagazine.com. (n.d.). Setting up workplace safety and health program. [online] Available at: https://www.safetyandhealthmagazine.com/articles/20245-setting-up-a-workplace-safety-and-health-program [Accessed 28 Aug. 2020].